Events in the first half of 2019
Vehicle measures implemented
Measures to improve our vehicle fleet include redesign of interiors, installation of passenger information and video recording systems, and new paint.
- Since 2016, 49 vehicles from a total of 111 vehicles of the 474 series have been converted for the S-Bahn (metro) Hamburg.
- A total of 36 vehicles of the 420 series and 238 vehicles of the 423 series are to be refurbished for the S-Bahn (metro) Munich. In the first half of 2019, two electric multiple units of the 420 series and 34 electric multiple units of the 423 series were modernized.
- Of the 48 electric multiple units of the 422 series to be modernized, 29 were rebuilt to provide the vehicles for S-Bahn (metro) Rhein-Ruhr. Of these, a further ten vehicles were modernized in the first half of 2019.
New vehicle purchases
- We have once again won the tender E-Netz Ost SchleswigHolstein and have ordered 18 double-deck cars from Stadler for commissioning in December 2022.
Vehicle delivery delays
Vehicle availability improved in the first half of 2019. However, delays and restrictions still affected the delivery of new trains:
- The delivery of the 2,010 double-deck cars for the Schleswig-Holstein Mitte network, which was delayed by Bombardier in December 2015, was completed in the first half of 2019.
- In December 2016, we rented a total of 15 locomotives and three diesel rail cars from Paribus for use in the Schleswig-Holstein Network West transport contract. The rental of the 90 Paribus passenger cars has not yet taken place, as 88 faulty passenger cars have been delivered by Paribus so far. There are still questions to be answered about maintenance documentation. Until clarification, existing vehicles will be used. The signing of the lease is scheduled for the second half of 2019.
- So far, eight pre-series vehicles of the 490 series (72 vehicles in total) have been delivered for S-Bahn (metro) Hamburg transport contract, which was launched in December 2018. As not all of the agreed requirements have been met, successive vehicles from Bombardier will need to be rented. The contractual acceptance for the 490 series is planned from the middle of 2019.
- The PESA diesel multiple unit trains of the 632/633 series were accepted in the first half of 2019.
- The delivery of the ordered Škoda vehicles for the Nuremberg-Ingolstadt-Munich-Express is expected to be delayed until 2020.