DB Engineering&Consulting (DB E&C) expertise is in demand worldwide:
- The suspension railway in Wuppertal is to be modernized. DB E&C has been commissioned with the design of the modernization; it had been awarded the contract in a public tender put out by the Wuppertaler Stadtwerke.
- In the next five years, on the Nuremberg—Ebensfeld expansion line, the about 5-km-long line section Hallstadt— Breitengüßbach is to be expanded from two to four tracks. The construction measure was started in January 2019. DB E&C is responsible for construction supervision.
- In January, DB E&C opened its British branch office in Birmingham and signed a seven-year contract for project management and consulting services with Irish Rail. DB E&C will support the National Railway of the Republic of Ireland during the introduction of a train control system. In Great Britain, DB E&C advises the project development company HS2 Ltd in the construction of the first ballastless track (also called “slab track”) line in the British Isles and has also qualified for a consulting framework agreement with the British Ministry of Transport.
- In February 2019, DB E&C received a trailblazing project contract from the Dutch government. The subject matter of the contract is the review and evaluation of the European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) specifications which are set forth in the tender documents for the technical equipment of the Dutch railway network. ERTMS is the system for the management and control of the rail transport on the trans-European network lines.
- At the end of April 2019, the first line of the metro system in the Australian capital Canberra commenced operations. In early 2016, DB E&C had been awarded the contract together with international partners from the construction and financial industries and provided consulting services for the project.
- At the end of May 2019, Australia’s first fully automatic metro commenced operations with Sydney’s Metro Northwest. The contract comprising project management and consulting services was the entry into the Australian market in 2014 for DB E&C.
- In May 2019, the first metro section in Doha, Qatar, started operating, the other lines are to follow by the end of 2019. The project implementation is thus almost a year ahead of the original schedule. In 2009, DB E&C had laid the foundation with a draft of an integrated railway concept for Qatar and has since been a strategic partner of the Qatari railway during the development and construction of their transport network.