Events in the first half of 2018
Improvements in station quality
We launched numerous projects to improve the quality of stations, some of which have already been completed.
- An S-Bahn (metro) Task Force has identified actions to improve quality at S-Bahn (metro) stations.
- Modernization of the underground passenger transport facilities has commenced at Hamburg’s Jungfernstieg, Stadthausbrücke, Königsstrasse, Landungsbrücken and Reeperbahn S-Bahn (metro) stations. Some of the works have already been completed.
- Extensive work has commenced in Frankfurt am Main on its central station underground, Hauptwache, Mühlberg, Ostendstrasse and Airport Regional stations. At the central station, two generous waiting areas have already been equipped with new benches.
- The test stair access to Rosenheimer Platz has been commissioned in Munich. With its next-generation design – especially with regard to material and lighting – it is slated to become the role model for accessing other Munich stations.
- Düsseldorf Central Station is being equipped with three new waiting pavilions and benches. Two pavilions had already been finished by the end of June.
- A new cleaning concept and a WhatsApp service aimed at combating dirt in stations were implemented in spring 2018 at more than 230 selected stations (including some 160 S-Bahn (metro) stations in Berlin).